Under the guidance of the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for the analysis of proposed and active tile projects, specifications review, develop proposals and cost estimates, architectural support, and marketing plans for the promotion and sale of roof tile and floor tile. Travel within California and Western States required.
• Respond to sales promotion needs and plans as directed and in cooperation with related industry associations.
• Communicate with customers to develop qualified sales leads.
• Manage efforts to find, develop, deliver and implement solutions to customer issues.
• Provide engineering support to active tile projects.
• Engage in necessary activities to convert stakeholders to the firms tile.
• Develop training programs for agency installers, developers and architects.
• Host regular plant tours.
• Provide monthly written reports of all meetings to designated supervisor. Include an assessment of
Regional direction on material selection, coming projects and general attitudes on the products (e.g. tile).
• Maintain a project tracking report for each current and potential customer, listing projects for bidding
and projects in planning (sales force).
• Participate in Sales Team reviews and training programs.
• Participate in Industry Trade Associations and related industry task groups.
• Other promotional duties, as required.
In addition to education, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A valid state driver’s license is also required.
Language Ability: Strong written and oral communication in English. Ability to create, compose,
and edit written materials.
Math Ability: Moderate to advanced math skills.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid
Computer Skills: Moderate proficiency with Microsoft office suite, including Excel, Power Point,
Word and Outlook. Familiar with Customer Relationship Software (CRM) as a customer management
Construction Plans: Must be able to read and understand basic construction and standard plans.
Additional Requirements: Frequently required to use hands to inspect and feel products, reach with hands and arms, and move from place to place (stand, walk, and sit). Occasionally required to bend at the waist and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Up to 50% travel time required within California. Regular attendance is required.
BS in an engineering or architectural discipline.