The Environmental Scientist is responsible for interacting with clients and internal technical staff to aggregate environmental data in support of federal program investigations and long term groundwater monitoring events taking place across the country. The Environmental Scientist’s main goal is to train, support and coach environmental professionals working for government contractors and agencies in the use of web based data management systems that provide data access and collaboration for all team members.
• Coordinate with clients and government agencies to develop and promote efficient data flows and processes.
• Assist in the collection, identification, and organization of environmental data and documents.
• Track field events and coordinate with analytical laboratories to ensure compliant data is available to decision makers.
• Load environmental data into SQL Server databases, such as lithology, groundwater, and well construction information.
• Perform quality checks to identify inconsistencies in data content, structure or mapping.
• Troubleshoot and document data issues (missing records, orphaned data, etc.).
• Train clients on the use of the firms software and environmental data management system.
• 1 - 2 years of experience in a related field required.
• Able to provide exceptional customer service, able to empathize with customers, and will work to improve customer experience.
• Must be collaborative and willing to work as part of a team.
• Spreadsheet (Excel) experience required, database experience preferred.
• Energetic, personable, self‐motivated individual with a desire to advance in a growing organization.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services is a plus.
B.S. from an accredited university in Environmental Science or related discipline such as geology, chemistry, biology, etc.