Certis is looking for a candidate to fill a role supervising/monitoring current projects within a geotechnical department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards. General responsibilities include (1) supervising the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability, (2) supervising the daily operations of a department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure, and (3) planning for and participation in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships. This role requires a valid drivers license with acceptable violation history. Certification or licensure in the candidates field of expertise is preferred.
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- With support from the Office Manager, perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Office Manager, develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Office Manager, prepare and execute annual business plan for the department.
- With support from the Office Manager, oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- 5 years’ experience (with degree). Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.