Certis Solutions is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer for a project in Sacramento, Ca. This person will be in the office the majority of the time, but may also need to be in the field from time to time. Primary duties are:
- Perform geotechnical engineering and geological analyses and calculations.
- Prepare and write engineering and other reports.
- Perform field explorations, collection of samples, geologic reconnaissance, and mapping.
- Perform with construction observation on job sites and prepare summary logs and other documentation.
- Perform geotechnical lab testing and communicate results.
- Interact and communicate with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Support marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals.
- Follow Shannon & Wilson’s Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote Shannon and Wilson’s Health and Safety and Loss Prevention policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
See Job Description
- 3-5 years of experience in Geotechnical Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- On track to obtain Professional Engineering (PE) License.
- Work experience (and/or coursework) in one or more of the following areas: soil mechanics; rock mechanics; rock and soil slope stability; shallow and deep foundations; tunneling; microtunneling; seismic design; earthquake engineering; and retaining structures
- Basic computer skills: MS Word, and Excel required; MS Access, AutoCAD and Microstation, ESRI ArcGIS desirable.
BS in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering