Certis Solutions is looking for a team-oriented Civil/Environmental Engineer or Hydrogeologist with 5 - 10 years of experience for exciting projects with a large AEC firm in Concord, California.
- Participate in a broad variety of environmental-focused assignments including soil, soil gas, and groundwater sampling and remediation; work plan development; and related reporting, monitoring and permitting.
- Coordination of investigation field work for a variety of media and pathways, including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water and vapor intrusion.
- Prepare and implement remedial investigation and response action work plans.
- Assist with managing scope, schedule, and budget for projects.
- Evaluation of sample results including development of supporting tables and figures.
- Site characterization and technical evaluations regarding sources, transport, and fate of groundwater and soil contamination.
- Development of remediation alternatives evaluations.
- Determination of the potential chemical impacts and development of recommendations in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- 5-15 years of in-situ remediation design, environmental due diligence, contaminant investigation and hydrogeology consulting experience.
- Experience with MODFLOW and/or EVS is highly desired.
- The preferred candidate will take initiative and possess excellent communication and writing skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines for multiple Principals.
- Experience in project management of investigation and remediation projects.
- Candidate is expected to possess solid technical and problem-solving skills, must be willing to accept occasional short and long-term field assignments, and must have a valid driver's license.
- Qualified candidate will be expected to interact with clients, vendors, and subcontractors, and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in evaluating and reporting groundwater monitoring data in California a plus.
- Vapor intrusion, soil gas, and indoor air investigation experience preferred.
- Understanding of sampling and analytical means and methods associated with PFAS compounds a plus.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification and an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course required.
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer license required or ability to gain Certified Hydrologist a plus.
B.S. required or M.S preferred. Degree must be in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Engineering with environmental or civil focus and coursework and/or experience in hydrogeology, geohydrology, environmental, civil or geo-engineering, and/or chemical fate and transport in the environment.