The Project Manager is the primary leader in the field and is directly accountable for the safety, financial performance and team development on-site. The Project Manager will lead the project team in construction of the entire project. This position is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with the subcontractors, owner, architect and engineers.
- Assist in developing project chart of accounts, project contract status report and project site logistics plan
- Maintain thorough understanding of the contract
- Oversee the pay request process
- Monitor project costs and job cost report, analyzing and forecasting total cost projection reports
- Implement and monitor training of all staff personnel and project labor
- Review/approve material, forming system and equipment needs
- Assist estimating in bidding projects
- Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
- Lead the project’s quality process and close-out processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors and owners to represent McCarthy core values
- 7+ years experience in highly complex and related commercial or industrial construction projects
- Experience with Healthcare, OSHPD, Education, and/or Public Works preferred
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project teams, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- OSHA Safety Training certifications
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge in programs like Word and Excel.
- Clean background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required