Certis Solutions is looking for a team-oriented Civil/Environmental Engineer with 0 - 6 years of experience for exciting projects with a large AEC firm in San Francisco.
- Participate in a broad variety of environmental-focused assignments including soil, soil gas, and groundwater sampling and remediation; work plan development; and related reporting, monitoring and permitting.
- Environmental site assessment and remediation, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), and the field assessment of contaminated soil gas, soil, indoor air and groundwater.
- Stormwater compliance, including inspection of and reporting on construction, industrial, and municipal sites
- Preparation of permits
- Scheduling and oversight of utility locating, geophysics, excavation, driller, and construction subcontractors;
- Installation of erosion control features, soil gas probes, and groundwater monitoring wells
- Sampling of dry weather surface flow, stormwater, groundwater, soil, and soil gas;
- Interpretation from soil borings, excavations, trenches, and monitor wells;
- Data analysis and database development;
- Graphics and report preparation; and
- Assist with managing scope, schedule, and budget for projects.
- Site characterization and technical evaluations regarding sources, transport, and fate of groundwater and soil contamination.
- Determination of the potential chemical impacts and development of recommendations in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Requirements and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in civil or environmental engineering.
- Zero to six years experience.
- PE or EIT desirable.
- Training in AutoCAD or ArcView GIS desirable.
- Energetic, positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office tools, including Word and Excel.
- Must possess high safety awareness.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training, including current refresher training is desirable.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and a physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities or use of a half-face respirator).
- This position will require field work and travel, as well as early start times and occasional night or weekend work.
B.S. required or M.S preferred. Degree must be in Engineering with environmental or civil focus.