Certis Solutions is seeking a ground-up superintendent with at least 5 years of commercial construction experience. Previous experience is required within these core market projects – Banking and Telecom Corporate office and advanced technology. Superintendents work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees. They will be responsible for the following:
The Successful Candidate Will Possess
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in a team environment.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Red Team, Plan Grid or similar), and scheduling software (Microsoft Projects or similar).
• 5+ years of experience as a commercial ground up construction superintendent, preferably within the core market projects. Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
All final candidates will be subject to a Drug Screen, Fitness for Duty Testing, Motor Vehicle Report, and Criminal Background Check prior to hiring.
Oversee, manage, and mentor assistant superintendents.
• Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts.
• Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
• Negotiate with authorities having jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones.
• Lead an injury-free environment safety program.
• Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with DPR’s self-perform work crews.
• Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
• Daily Field Reports
· Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
· Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, telephonic devices, digital camera.
· Blueprint reading.
· Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
· Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.