Certis Solutions is seeking a motivated individual to perform takeoffs and other related duties.
Responsible for developing and submitting project estimates; preparing project documents; conduct turn over meetings with operations; may prepare change order requests and pay applications; and assisting with project close out procedures.
· Review bid documents, site conditions, plans and specifications; prepare takeoffs; obtain subcontractor and material quotes; seek potential cost savings; develop pricing for proposed work; review bids and collaborate on final bid adjustments; and submit bids to owners
· Develop and maintain relationships and collaborate with engineers, owners, municipalities, clients, subcontractors, and co-workers
· Prepare and schedule turn over meetings and documents to ensure that the Project Manager and operations teams understand the entire scopes of work, budgets, productions and schedules prior to the start of construction.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of means and methods of open cut excavation and trenching.
· Various accounting aspects, to include monthly invoicing, assisting with receivables collection, approving invoices, submitting work orders, etc.
· Ability to manage multiple bids and projects at the same time
· Strong computer skills, including all MS Office products, MS Projects, as well as experience with construction estimating software
· The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, be detail oriented, have a positive attitude, and have an ability to work well with all project team members.
· BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent related work experience