Certis Solutions is seeking a VDC Coordinator who will be responsible for assisting project teams, preconstruction, and self-performing with the implementation of Technology, Building Information Models and Virtual Design and Construction methodologies. The VDC Coordinator needs to be knowledgeable about the latest approaches in the field and can drive the implementation of these technologies on construction projects. The successful candidate must have solid knowledge of and experience with computer software, construction methods and practices, as well as Virtual Design and Construction systems
- Implement VDC/BIM processes and procedures on the project.
- Adapt design-intent models for construction management purposes as necessary, including modifying and supplementing design intent Revit models
- Create structural models in Revit to facilitate VDC processes.
- Create models, renderings, and animations to illustrate project approach and demonstrate BIM capabilities during pursuits.
- Support the MEP Coordinators by organizing model data, configuring data transfer systems, adhering to coordination processes and procedures, and documenting project coordination information. Review subcontractors’ fabrication and shop drawings, models and related information, providing them direction as needed to incorporate their work into the shared project model.
- Help to identify constructability problems and propose solutions.
- Assist with identifying design change challenges and coordination challenges.
- Administer BIM/VDC Quality Control procedures, which include ensuring project teams and VDC Specialists, adhere to specified VDC plans, as well as update those plans as required during the lifecycle of the project.
- Support project team members, preconstruction staff, and other non-VDC specialists with using VDC /BIM.
- Maintain regular updates to VDC-related project schedules assess potential BIM-related schedule issues, review subcontractor BIM coordination schedules for compliance with the overall project schedule.
- Assist with reality capture technologies and other field measurements to develop data-rich models of existing conditions.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction operations.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, maps, surveys, mechanical and electrical sheets, project schedules, cost reports, and other construction documents; understanding of contract provisions which address scope of work and design criteria.
- MS Office, Blue-Beam
- Proficiency in computers, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Architecture, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
- Experience in construction, architecture or engineering.
- Familiarity with the following software is preferred: AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Recap, Realworks and BIM 360 Apps.
- Able to read drawings, specifications, building codes, and other technical product and material specifications, as well as interpret and manage VDC contractual obligations and responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of common building systems and related means and methods.
- Expertise with construction coordination processes is strongly preferred.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who works well with multi-disciplinary teams in deadline-driven environment.