· Actively supports estimating goals and objectives through completing technical/ administrative projects on time and accurately, providing ongoing support, and proactively resolving challenges and issues.
· Collaborates across department and supports consistent technical practices and administrative procedures.
· Provides essential assistance in the preparation of project proposals through interpreting construction project designs and drawings to calculate material quantity requirements (i.e. take-offs) for one or more disciplines (earthwork volumes, underground utilities, material, and topside improvements).
· Researching historical data used in estimating function and compiling relevant data for uses in bid proposal estimates.
· Contributes to the smooth operation of the Estimating function through day-to-day activities such as picking up plans, delivering bids, making copies, and archiving plans.
· Checks bid proposal forms for accuracy.
· Performing clerical duties such as setting up and maintaining department files for inclusion in bid proposals.
· Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
· Provides support and assistance, as needed and during peak times, such as helping with GPS modeling.
· Builds and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
· Maintains a favorable impression of the company with external customers through professional and courteous interactions.
· Gathers feedback and continuously makes improvements to work processes, practices, and equipment.
· Completes internal administrative organization and documentation, including project logs, files, records and reports pertaining to Engineering Services function.
· No prior experience required, but prior drafting and construction experience a plus
· On the job training will be provided
· Successful completion of a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation
· Valid Driver’s License
· Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information
· Knowledge of drafting and ability to read and interpret blueprints preferred.
· Knowledge of geometry and basic trigonometry
· Ability to utilize computer aided systems and equipment to calculate material quantity requirements
· Ability to consistently show up for work on time
· Ability to work authorized overtime as required
· Technology: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, AGTEK
· Technical competence in construction