Certis Solutions is seeking a full-time Senior Technician for a Construction Materials Testing Laboratory in Sacramento. The Senior Technician will manage day-to-day operations. This candidate shall have at least five years of experience performing construction materials laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO and Caltrans test methods, and at least three years of experience managing laboratory technicians, entering data, and generating test result reports for soil, aggregates, concrete and hot mix asphalt, and running the day-to-day operations of a materials testing laboratory. This position may require some limited travel (<15%) to project sites or other testing laboratories to pick up and deliver samples.
· Complete laboratory test schedules within deadlines and in accordance with appropriate testing methods.
· Work in coordination with the Construction Services Laboratory Manager and Geotechnical Laboratory Manager with overall laboratory management including equipment maintenance, certification renewals, equipment verifications and calibrations, space and sample management, and laboratory organization/cleaning.
· Communicate with managers and field technicians to provide input on proper laboratory test selection, test interpretation, test results, and test schedules.
· Schedule lab tests.
· Supervise lab technicians.
· Provide training to new laboratory staff.
· Enter laboratory test data into the lab information management system, generate test reports, circulate test results for review and provide final copies to the manager in charge of the project.
· Perform typical calculations associated with laboratory tests.
· Communication skills internally and externally.
· Multi-task between projects.
· Ability to deliver a high-quality deliverable in a timely manner.
· People management skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Flexible schedule.
· At least five years of relevant experience.
· Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
· Experience with standard computer operations (Windows based systems).
· Certification by ACI, Caltrans, or NICET highly encouraged.